Translate

Monday, June 8, 2015

Masterpiece Academy Question

Jayce Alegre
Dr. Preston
AP English Literature and Composition
8 June 2015
Masterpiece Academy: The Human Push
        Senior year was a rough year personally, but everything boils down to the last four years of high school altogether. I came to know many things I hadn’t known before. I justified the means of relationships, whether it would be family, friends, classmates, teachers, and other advocates who helped advance my way of thinking. The witty words of Montaigne from his last essay that specifically states something we must “espouse.” The things that are collectively espoused are my passions, my accomplishments, my progress, and my future goals. During the masterpiece academy that coincides with the whole course year, there are elements that build up the foundations of the academy itself. All of which many, including I, have developed growth in our own untold story.
        Being treated as one with authority, one with the teacher who understands his/her students is the best thing to obtain. Sometimes an authority figure can keep organization on a tight schedule, but so late in anyone’s high school year such as senior year, it can be hectic and stressful. So having the independence to enjoy a colleague only environment was well worth it. Honestly, I didn’t think that some of students in the group should have earned the high level of trust because the mindset was not set in because of the conditioning of grades and homework was just not there to support the ease. But many did honor the system as a break from anything else that flags adult growth into the independent world. I’ve learned to put my trust with those who are serious projects and getting things done. Those are the people I know deserved the kind of academy we were in.
        If I were to connect myself to a fiction character, I would choose Ishmael. As a romantic hero who decides to reject some of society’s wants and needs, conversely reflecting his own intuition. I feel like my intuition is righteous, not much as radical change, but self-inclination. That’s why Moby Dick marks characters like Ishmael. Pip is also a character I could also relate to because the expectations he perceives are the same as everyone else. He desires more, even though he’s being tricked, but still goes with how the world works. Like him, I don’t necessarily question doubts about others, though I make decisions to better my well-being in order to achieve the approval of others. It wouldn’t be Great Expectations without Pip’s path to expectations.
        In my masterpiece that I’ve spent my year of was based off of dance and medicine. I had other ideas that supported my masterpiece in some ways such as time travel and social ecology. I’ll continue my learning on the subjects by searching on the internet, reading books, extending mentors, etc. I want to also make more connections when over there at college starting with clubs, organizations, volunteering, internships, and events.
        I’ve learned from all the masterpiece presentations that we do the things we do because we love to do them. Whether it’d be with twinning connections, guitar, finding stories, breaking stereotypical/racial barriers, going beyond empirical science, drawing graphic designs technologically, or evolving technology, there’s always a place where we can share passions and concepts that will one day fulfill our goals and dreams. It was a straight masterpiece. Everything was in flow at one point when all of our compilations came in order. Everything started off because of something we had to change or developed an espousing for it.
        In my opinion, my growth does match the end of the hero’s journey. My journey has yet to be started. Initially, I’ll have more freedom to do more carefree. The restrictions I have now are something to hold me down, but that’s the whole ordeal of becoming a hero. I’ve started to think of ways to make changes for the greater good. The call to a hero’s journey followed through in the summer before senior year. That summer was when I found my mentor, a physician of family medicine. He encouraged me to take on everything straight on with the addition of life innuendos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment