Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

What's your definition of an American Dream?

I would define an American Dream in general that follows this criteria:

Born American citizen-
1. Go through preschool, kindergarten, and elementary
2. Graduate junior high school
3. Graduate high school and get your diploma
4. Go to college, earn your degree
5. Go back to college, earn a higher degree
6. Apply for dream job
7. Settle down with your earnings
8. [Fill in the Blank]

Non-American Citizen (may vary)-
1. Obtain citizenship
2. Work through minimum wage or higher jobs
3. Send money back to family from home country
4. Go to college and earn a degree
5. Go back to college and earn a higher degree
6. Apply for dream job
7. Settle down with earnings
8. [Fill in the Blank]



Prove me wrong. Add suggestions. My opinions and thoughts about the culture today. The American Dream is not perfect to obtain and it's actually harder to gain any other way. The individual defines what the American Dream is and I don't really follow up to it, but as I think back to how the system works, it does apply to me. The 'fill in the blank' section can be anything you wish to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment